Smelting Bamboo And Cacti
The best thing about this method is that it can be fully automated, so you dont have to do anything other than reap the XP points.
Then, you can harvest the dye along with the barrage of XP points.
Best Ways To Farm Xp In Minecraft
Below are generally all the methods players can use to farm XP in Minecraft. Some of them are more efficient than others, and some also require a lot of planning or preparation. Each method has been rated with a general difficulty and effort level of Easy, Medium, or High, as well as an efficiency level of Slow, Moderate, or Fast.
Bamboo And Cacti Smelter
An extremely popular and highly efficient farm, the bamboo and cacti smelter is ultimately the best and easiest to make farm out there when it comes to getting XP. In fact, this method is so good that players have dubbed it as the XP bank.
The beauty of this is that it’s a self-fueling farm, where bamboo is used as fuel in furnaces to smelt cacti into dye. The farm is left to run on its own, and when the player finally comes to empty the furnaces, they’ll be showered with tons of experience points from all the cacti that has passed through the furnace.
You May Like: Minecraft Placing Stairs
Building A Spawner Trap
OVERPOWERED SKELETON/ZOMBIE XP FARM – Minecraft Tutorial
Monster Spawners or Mob Spawners are these cage-like blocks you can see in dungeons. When mined with a pickaxe, it will easily break and drop about 15-43 XP but if mined without a pickaxe or with a different tool, it will give NO XP at all. But other than that, using mob spawners to build traps is also a highly effective way to gain XP without using many resources.
Mining Nether Quartz Ore
Mining any ore in Minecraft will yield some experience points. However, it is recommended that players mine Nether quartz ore if they want to gain experience points because it drops a lot of XP and is very common.
Players will find a ton of it in the Nether waste biome. However, it does not generate in the basalt deltas.
Read Also: Rotten Flesh Minecraft Uses
Monster Hunting At Night
For desperate players, the only option might just be heading out at night to kill some monsters. This is even better in large, empty biomes with no trees like desert and plains biomes, which allows players to scope out the area quickly.
The problem with this is that it’s quite dangerous, and venturing out unprepared without proper gear or weapons is a huge risk. Dying means losing all existing experience points, so players who are confident in their skill should be the only ones attempting this chaotic farming method.
Top 5 Fastest Ways To Get Xp In Minecraft
XP in Minecraft is an experience point. Players can get XP by doing things like killing mobs, smelting items, and mining. It is dropped in the form of experience orbs, which players can collect to fill their experience bar. XP can also be called experience or EXP.
XP is important for Minecraft players who want to enchant, repair, or combine their items in-game. It also affects the player’s level.
With such important uses, XP is an integral part of Minecraft gameplay. Luckily, there are many ways for players to get XP in-game. Some of these are faster than others. Here’s our list of the top 5 quickest ways to get XP in Minecraft.
How Does Creating A Simple Mob Farm Work
- The first and most important thing to consider in building a simple mob farm is to know the right location. Farms floating in the sky provide the best spawn rates in day or night time as you are far away from the caves and becomes the only viable spawn ground. Under the ocean is also a great location as there are fewer natural caves to compete with, hence, more spawn rates.TIP: Setting the difficulty to Hard will spawn more mobs.
- Next is crafting a simply designed Mob Farm. For this, essentially, you will only need cobblestones or any block youd like to use and a couple of buckets of water.
- First, create the tower. Each side of the tower should be two blocks wide and about 26-28 tall This should look like a 28-block-tall tower with a 2×2 space in the middle.
- At the top, add seven blocks on each side of the tower which should result with 4 branches in total and 8 blocks in length pointing out from the hole.
- Next, create a two-block-tall wall around the branches to prevent mobs from jumping out once they fall in. Then fill in the area between the branches. This should look like a large rectangular platform with 4 canals pointing to the hole.
- Then build a wall two blocks high around the platform.
- Add water at the end of each canal. .
- At the very bottom, open up 2 blocks to see the collected mob that has spawned over time and begin hacking at them while getting the dropped XP and resources.
Xp Command In Minecraft Ps4 Edition
In Minecraft PS4 Edition, there are different syntaxes depending on how much experience you would like to add.
To add experience points to a player:
/xp < amount> < player>
To add experience levels to a player:
/xp < amount> L < player>
- amount is the amount of experience to add to the player. If you specify L after the amount, you will add experience levels. Otherwise, you will only add experience points. You can remove experience by entering a negative amount.
- player is the name of the player that you wish to give the experience to.
You May Like: What Does Random Tick Speed Affect
What Is The Fastest Way To Get Xp In Minecraft
In Minecraft, XP is an abbreviation for experience points. These points are gained when you collect experience orbs. The more orbs you collect, the more your experience grows.
They also translate to your success in the game. You get new items, weapons, and abilities as your experience grows as well as being able to advance to various stages of the game.
Experience points come handy in later stages of the game. They can be used in purchasing enchants that in turn make your tools last longer and demolish blocks faster. So its better to start earning them as soon as possible.
Make An Xp Farm In Minecraft 114
You have various options for making farms In Minecraft 1.14, that will increase your experience and let you earn more XP. You can create a farm of chickens, cows, or pigs. Maintaining a chicken farm is not challenging but it provides less experience. Make a chicken pen and keep some eggs there for growing up chickens. Once you are done with the basic setup then make a floor on the already built chicken pen. Spread hoppers on the whole floor and use a switch and Redstone timer for connecting them with a dispenser. The chickens will throw their eggs from the top into the hoppers. From there, the eggs will transfer into the dispenser. The fresh chickens spawn here and all that process occurs automatically. Just you have to kill the lower potions chickens for the experience.
With the levels up, when you are desiring to diversify your farm, go for raising pigs or cows.
Also Check: How To Grow Mushroom Tree Minecraft
Minecraft: Best Ways To Get Xp
Our Best Ways to get XP in Minecraft Guide walks you through some of the most common methods to gain experience in the game! These are options that do not utilize glitches, but work within the rules of standard survival gameplay. If you want to enchant or repair your items, you’re going to have to have a reliable way to gain XP!
How Does Mining Certain Blocks Work
- For the rare ores, Emeralds can be found in an extreme hills biome, Diamonds are found beneath layer 16 when mining or spelunking , Redstone ore forms in veins and can be found below layer 14 and the highest concentration of Lapis Lazuli Ore is found between levels 13 and 16.
- It is best to use iron or diamond pickaxe when mining these ores. This is because iron is pretty common and has a greater mining speed and durability, the same goes for diamond.
- Blowing up TNT is one of the fastest ways to mine and as of version 1.14, TNT will drop 100% of its items. Although, it will require you to kill a large number of creepers for gunpowder and obtain lots of sand.
- Destroying Mob Spawners, a rare type of block, will also drop from 15 to 43 XP!
Don’t Miss: How To Get Mods On Minecraft Nintendo Switch
Easiest Ways To Get Xp Faster In Minecraft 118 Version
XP is extremely important in Minecraft, just as it is in many other games. Minecraft players need XP to enchant items, which is vital to making progress in the game. Players won’t get very far in the game without enchanted items. It’s difficult to fight mobs in the Nether without an enchanted sword. It’s difficult to fight in The End without one, too.
XP is hard to come by after level 15. Minecraft players experience a tougher time collecting levels after that, so they’re often looking for quick and easy ways to earn it. Here are the best ways to do that after the 1.18 update.
Note: This article reflects the opinion of the writer.
Automatic Mob Xp Farm
Automatic mob XP farms use the hostile mob’s natural behavior and spawning mechanism to lure them to their deaths. Players can build various mob XP farms in Minecraft, ranging from the simple mob tower farm to highly efficient gold XP farms.
Simple mob tower farms are among the easiest-to-build mob farms in Minecraft. It uses a dark room for spawning mobs and sends them through a tube to the kill chamber.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Craft Stairs In Minecraft
Tip : Using Special Items
There is a variety of special items hidden throughout the game. When they are applied to your tools and weapons, they become stronger and last longer.
This will, in turn, increase your ability to mine and kill in later levels of the game where you stand to earn higher experience points.
For example, the Lapis Armor Set will double the number of experience points you gain while mining.
Xp Command In Minecraft Java Edition
In Minecraft Java Edition 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17 and 1.18, there are different syntaxes depending on whether you would like to add, query or set the experience of a player.
To add experience to a player:
/xp add < targets> < amount>
To query the experience of a player:
/xp query < targets> < levels¦points>
To set the experience of a player:
/xp set < targets> < amount>
In Minecraft Java Edition 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12, there are different syntaxes depending on how much experience you would like to add.
To add experience points to a player:
/xp < amount>
To add experience levels to a player:
/xp < amount> L
- targets or player is the name of the player that you wish to target.
- amount is the amount of experience. If you specify levels or L after the amount , you will add experience levels. Otherwise, you will only add experience points. You can remove experience by entering a negative amount when adding experience to a player.
- levels is used to indicate experience levels.
- points is used to indicate experience points.
Don’t Miss: Ender Dragon Banner Minecraft
Easy Ways How To Get Xp Fast In Minecraft
Experience and levels in Minecraft are essential for building endgame gear that will protect you in the toughest battles.
Crafting diamond armor is only the first step to becoming a living god in the game. Enchantments are the next step, and they require a lot of experience points and levels if you truly want the best gear possible.
With the ever wide variety of enchantments in the game, its only natural to be tempted to try them all. However, in order to kit out your gear, you need a lot of time to gather the necessary levels and experiences.
This guide will show you five ways on how to get XP fast in Minecraft.
How To Use The Xp Command In Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to use the /xp command to increase your experience points with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
If you want a quick way to gain experience points or even experience levels in the game, you can use the /xp command to add as much experience as you need . Let’s explore how to use this cheat .
The /xp command is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable.NOTE: Pocket Edition , Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Don’t Miss: What Does A Rabbit’s Foot Do In Minecraft
Example In Java Edition 113 114 115 116 117 And 118
To give 20 experience levels to the player called DigMinecraft in Minecraft 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17 and 1.18:
/xp add DigMinecraft 20 levels
To give 8 experience points to the nearest player:
To remove 3 experience points from all players:
To set the experience levels of a random player to 50:
To query the experience levels of the nearest player :
How Does Using Enchantments/special Items Work
- It may be applied to items through the use of an enchantment table or an anvil if the player has acquired Enchanted Books.
- One of the best Enchantments to use to boost your Experience is using Experience III on your pickaxe when mining as it grants 37.5% chance for mobs and ores to drop double experience orbs.
- Silk Touch is another great enchantment to use when mining. It grants players to harvest blocks that are normally very difficult to obtain and allows them to get the exact item that they mined for.
- Sharpness is a pretty common enchantment to use for swords or axes. And can be great for killing monsters to gain XP fast as it makes the weapon do extra damage . The same goes for Smite, a rarer enchantment that will deal greater damage when hunting for the undead.
- Some special items can also boost your XP. An example is the Lapis Armor Set . Using a single Lapis Armor item will grant 50% bonus experience when mining ores and when using, perhaps 4, you will gain 200% more XP when mining!
You May Like: Rotten Meat Minecraft
Make An Xp Farm In Minecraft Without A Spawner
If youre eager to know how to make an XP farm in Minecraft without a spawner, here is the easiest way of doing so. No need to mine an area for spawner around it. All you have to do is to build a chamber that must be 30 blocks off from you. This way, the mobs will spawn 30 blocks away from the player. As there would be water around the hole which will make the mobs drop down in it. Killing them will not be a difficult task for you when the mobs will be falling in the hole speedily.
Cactus And Bamboo Farm
If you desire to get the maximum output without investing in many materials, this one is best for you. It requires a very low amount of materials for its setup and then it does all the rest of the work on its own. You can leave it to complete its tasks and return after a few hours to receive the benefits. The cactus and bamboo farm is too compact and highly efficient, but its exceptionally loud which becomes irritating and hard to bear.
Don’t Miss: Switch Gamertag
Your Guide To Leveling Up In The Beginning And The End
For enchanting and upgrading the gear, players want to collect more XP in Minecraft. Along with enchantments, they get much experience as they keep on playing. If youre a newbie and want to explore how to make an XP farm in Minecraft, be glad. This guide is going to be helpful in understanding the basics of earning XP during both early and end game scenarios.
Similar Reads: Minecraft Building Ideas
Minecraft empowers the players with different abilities and gives them the freedom of doing various things. You can traverse deep caverns, create custom tools, and build enormous fortresses. So, there is much more to explore in Minecraft. Lets have a look at different ways through which you can make an XP farm in Minecraft.
If youre interested in farming in Minecraft, you may also like Stardew Valley Best Fall Crop: A Guide to Growth
Best Ways To Get Experience Points Quickly In Minecraft 118 Pe
Players gain experience points in Minecraft by performing specific tasks. At some point, the player’s experience level will go up if they keep gaining XP.
They can use these levels to enchant their weapons and items. Experience levels are also required if the player wants to rename an item or repair it on an anvil.