How To Get Skins In Minecraft
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 12 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 40,370 times.Learn more…
Minecraft is famous for its incredible array of customization. You can build practically anything in Minecraft, from tools and weapons to entire cities. But that customization doesnt stop with the world around you. A skin is another name for your appearance in Minecraft, and you can get a new one or make your own any time you want.
How To Change Minecraft Skin On Pc Or Mobile
Choose one that fits your personality
Minecraft is an international phenomenon with more than 200 million copies sold. While you can find plenty of single-player content, its more fun when you pair with other players on a realm or server all your ownespecially if you customize your appearance with a custom skin.
There are a wide range of skins available across the web. If you find one you love and you want to use it in your game, heres how to change your Minecraft skin on PC or mobile.
Changing Minecraft Skin In Java Edition
- Open the Minecraft launcher and make sure that you have selected the Java edition.
- Now, choose a skin that you have in your library already, or click on the add skin option.
- When adding new skins, you can either create them yourself via websites such as the Skindex or edit an existing template and edit it through the Minecraft Skin Editor. Just make sure that you save the files under the PNG extension.
Read Also: How To Make Diamond Armor In Minecraft
Can You Have Custom Skins In Minecraft Education Edition
Yes, you can have custom skins in Minecraft Education Edition, but you will need to do a bit of work to get them. First, you will need to find a skin that you like and that follows the rules of your school. Next, you will need to know how to safely get the skin into the game without harming the files that make Minecraft run.
Related: What is Minecraft Scratch?
How To Download Skins For Minecraft
There are many community-based websites where you can get thousands of Minecraft skins for free. In this guide, the website we will focus on is called Skindex, and it is one of the most popular options.
1. To get started, go to the Minecraft Skindex homepage and click on any of the skins you like. We will be using the Skeleton Gamer skin for this demonstration. You can even try using the search option to look for a specific character or theme. Also, you can check our curated lists of the coolest Minecraft skins and the best Minecraft girl skins via the linked articles.
2. Once you have selected a skin, a new page with multiple options to export the skin will open up. What you want to do next is click on the Download button in the right menu.
3. It will immediately to your computer. You will find it in your Downloads folder, and it will be a low-quality PNG file.
Also Check: How To Use Smithing Table Minecraft
Changing Your Skin Through The Minecraft Website
You can easily upload a skin through the Minecraft website, but it is not the best method. It only changes the skin you are currently using, and does not allow you to browse your previous skins.
And thats it! You will now be using your newly uploaded skin when you play Minecraft next.
Are you still looking for a Minecraft skin that suits you? Check out our list of the best skins around, with over 150 awesome Minecraft skins to choose from!
- 15 Users Found This Useful
Getting Custom Skins In Minecraft Education Edition
There are lots of great websites for creating, editing and downloading custom skins. One that many Minecraft players use is the Skindex. There, players can download the files after they’ve found, edited or created one they like.
The Minecraft Education Edition requires players to create an MCPACK containing all the files required for the custom Minecraft skin. The PNG image file of the selected skin and JSON files are all contained within the MCPACK.
There is an online tool that will create the JSON files and package those with the original PNG image into the MCPACK file required by Minecraft Education Edition, which can be found here.
After that, the generated MCPACK file can be downloaded and saved to a location on the user’s computer. Opening that file, whether with a double click or another method, will open the Minecraft Education Edition and automatically import the file.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Sprint In Minecraft
Adding Custom Skins To Minecraft Education Edition
There are several useful websites for creating, editing and saving custom skins. One of the most popular places to find custom skins is the Skindex. On that site, players can download the files after they’ve created or found a custom skin they like.
Minecraft Education Edition requires players to create an MCPACK containing all the files required for the custom Minecraft skin in order to put it into the game. The PNG image files and JSON files can be put in the MCPACK.
JSON files are difficult to make and can be confusing, but fortunately there is an online tool that will create the JSON files and combine those with the original PNG image into the MCPACK file that is needed for Minecraft Education Edition. This tool can be found here.
After that, the MCPACK file can be downloaded and saved to the computer. Opening that file will open Minecraft Education Edition and automatically import the file.
The skin will then show up in the Minecraft Education Edition and can be used as any other skin would. If it doesn’t, then Minecraft likely needs to be restarted with the files. This can be repeated as many times as players want to with new skins from anywhere.
For more Minecraft content, check out our !
For detailed guides, walkthroughs, tips & more, check out SK Minecraft Wiki
How To Add An Outer Or Second Skin Layer In Minecraft
Why Dont I See My Skin in Multiplayer in Minecraft?
If you can’t view your skin in Multiplayer mode, log out and then back into your Minecraft account.
Alternatively, the game may be in offline mode, which disables custom skins when selecting them via the internet.
This implies that each player will only see their default skin.
Do I Have to Pay to Change My Skin In Minecraft?
If you are not signed into an account that has purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be prompted to buy skins while selecting skins.
Some custom skins are also available for purchase.
Why Are There Black Lines On My Skins Arms in Minecraft?
If you’re using version 1.8 or later and have skinny skin on a classic-size model, your skin will have black lines on the character’s arms owing to a size and model difference.
To fix this, select the right skin for the model you’ve chosen. Versions 1.7.9 and earlier lack a thin model, and uploading a slim skin will result in black lines. Instead, go for a standard-sized skin.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Riptide Enchantment In Minecraft
Minecraft Skins: How To Change Your Skin In Java Edition
Minecraft Java edition is the most common version of the game, since it’s what you’ll usually play on both PC and Mac. It’s also the most feature rich edition compared to Bedrock, and has the simplest process for swapping your skin out. Minecraft skins are available from many websites in PNG format, or you can even make your own by hand in image editing software the sky’s the limit. Here’s how to start using them on Java Edition:
- Open up the Minecraft Launcher and make sure Java Edition is selected.
- Select the Skins tab at the top.
- From here you can choose classic or slim, enable or disable cloak, name the skin.
- Next, , and choose the PNG skin file you want to use.
- When you’re done, you can click Save or Save and Use if you want to use it right away.
Using Your Minecraft Account On Mac
Alternatively, if you dont want to launch Minecraft: Java Edition, you can also change your skin through your profile. Heres how youll do this:
The method of using your Minecraft profile is convenient since you can do it on any computer. If youre traveling and find a skin you want to use, you can always replace your old one by updating your profile.
Read Also: What Is The Best Way To Find Diamonds In Minecraft
How To Install Minecraft Pe Skins For Android
We will guide you through all the necessary steps to learn how to install skins for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Changing the skin of your character will change how your character looks. Here on MCPE DL we regularly update our website with skins which you freely can download and apply on your character.
1. Go to the skins section on MCPE DL and tap on the download button for a skin you want to use. The skin will then be downloaded to your folder on your device.
2. Open up Minecraft Pocket Edition and tap on the clothing hanger icon below the player character.
3. Tap on the empty space next to the Alex and Steve skins.
4. Next a new button should appear above the player model called Choose New Skin. Tap on it once to open a file manager and select the downloaded skin. It’s most probably in your downloads folder.
5. Choose the model which looks best for the chosen skin. .
6. Tap on Confirm Skin and then go back to enter a world to make sure it is working. And as you can see in the image down below it works fine!
Why Are There Black Lines On My Skin’s Arms
You’ll see black lines on your skins arms in versions 1.8 and later if your profile has a classic model selected, but you’ve uploaded a slim-armed skin. To fix this, visit Minecraft.net/profile and upload the correct skin type for the model you’ve selected.
You’ll also see this issue if you’ve uploaded a slim-armed skin prior to them being implemented in the game . To fix this, visit Minecraft.net/profile and upload a classic skin.
To find your version number or instructions on how to update your version, see .
Also Check: How To Get Mushrooms In Minecraft
How To Manually Change Your Minecraft Skins On Pc
1. After entering the skin page of your choice, you will find the Download button on the right side of the page. Click on it.
2. The .png image skin file that looks like this will be downloaded onto your computer.
3. Go to and proceed to log in to your Minecraft.net account.
4. After logging in, you will see 2. Upload Custom Skin click on Select a File.
5. A window pop up will appear, proceed to double click on the .png image skin file you have just downloaded.
6. You should see the skin file loaded onto the website. Click on the Upload button.
7. Load up the game and you should be wearing your new skin!
How To Install A Skin In Minecraft
Play with the standard skin for many boring and not interesting, so it’s worth thinking about installing his own skin. In this how-to describes fully the process, which by the way will not take more than five minutes, and please your skin for a long time. Of course, you must use our launcher to on the main page.
Attention: If the skins do not work for you on version 1.17 or 1.18, but they work on others, then you need to expect the TL icons for this versions. We are working on it! Thank you.
It is necessary to register on the site so you can continue to use these login details in the launcher. Go to the registration page and enter the required data in the field.
After registration, you will be in your profile where you can not only install the skin, but and cape .
Run our favorite TLauncher that you have already downloaded and installed the box next to “Accounts”. Click on the tab accounts in your case says “No accounts”, open the from list, click “manage” go to the login page.
On this page you enter your data specified during registration – Username/Email address and password. The “Save” button autoresume.
If authorization is successful, then on the main page of the launcher you will see your username with an icon TL. Now select from the list any version with TL icon and run. The game will have your skin!
Also Check: How To Fix Unable To Connect To World Minecraft
How To Change Your Skin On Minecraft Bedrock
Similar to Java Edition, you can upload a skin you got from the internet, or one you’ve created yourself for your Bedrock character model. With tons of creative Minecraft users eager to share their skins, you can find almost any cosmetic you can dream up.
Just note that this is only available when playing on your PC. You can’t import skins on a game console.
1. Launch Bedrock Edition and click Dressing Room, below your character model on the right.
2. Scroll through the available characters and click Edit Character under one of your existing models, or select one of the blank slots and then click Create Character. If you’re making a new character, it doesn’t matter whether you pick Character or Classic Skin in the pop-up that appears.
3. You’ve now got a few different ways to change your character’s skin. Using the icons in the left sidebar, you can find two menus:
- The Character Creator menu lets you finely customize each part of your character’s body, as well as their clothes.
- The Classic Skins tab lets you buy a skin that someone else has made, or upload your own. If you want to upload your own, click the blank slot under Owned Skins, then click Choose New Skin on the right.
When you’re done, click the Dressing Room icon in the top-left corner again. It’ll save all your changes and let you start playing with your new character.
How To Get Custom Skins In Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Minecraft is known for how far players can customize their experience: they can create custom skins down to the pixel, and even get or create resource packs that replace all the games textures and sounds. This customization is best represented by Java Edition, however.
While Bedrock Edition players do not get this same level of total customization, there are ways that they can use custom skins, similar to Java Edition players. However, they can only set custom skins via images on mobile devices or the PC version of Bedrock.
Recommended Reading: How To Build A Water Fountain In Minecraft
How Can I Make My Own Minecraft Skin
You can make a Minecraft skin through any website that has a skin editor or creator. Alternatively, a program that can modify PNG files like Paint or Photoshop works well too. Both will yield a PNG file that you can upload to skin index websites or your game.
The websites we mentioned above make the process easier, as they already have the dimensions and format covered. Paint and Photoshop are for advanced users who have more experience.
Apply Your Own Custom Skins In Minecraft
You are now ready to download and install skins in Minecraft. There are several rare ones from Avengers to Mario that you can try looking for. If you dont find anything you like, you can always try making your own Minecraft skin. But dont forget to share these skins you make with the readers in the comments below. You can also share them with the massive community on some of these amazing Discord servers for Minecraft. As for those looking for a new experience beyond the skins, try these best sandbox games like Minecraft. Now, go ahead and start installing new Minecraft skins.
Don’t Miss: New Lego Minecraft Sets 2022
How To Get Custom Skins In Minecraft Education Edition
Show off your personality while learning.
There are no boundaries when it comes to how creative Minecraft players can be. In fact, Mojang saw so much potential from the world of Minecraft that they made Minecraft Education Edition to help out teachers. If you are playing Education Edition, but have grown tired of the skins, then you are probably wondering if and how you can change them.
Differences Between Java Edition And Bedrock Edition Skins
For those who dont know, Java Edition is the original version of Minecraft. It is written in the Java programming language and is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Bedrock Edition, on the other hand, refers to the many multi-platform versions of Minecraft that are written in the C++ programming language. It is available for Windows, Android, iOS, iPadOS, Amazon Fire, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PS4. It is also possible to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S via backwards compatibility.
Due to the nature of the two different programming languages, there are a couple of key differences between skins in Java Edition and Bedrock Edition:
|Java Edition Skins|
N.B. The option to import custom skins is only available on PC.
You May Like: How To Make A Mirror Banner In Minecraft