Minecraft Java Update: 1143 Patch Notes
Check here for the full patch notes, including bugfixes
- Items can now be repaired by crafting them together again.
- Reverted the enchanting system to how it was before 1.14.
- Torches, lanterns and pressure plates can now be placed on glass panes and iron bars.
- Lanterns can now be attached below iron bars and glass panes.
- Saturation is no longer required for the “How did we get here?” advancement.
- You can now turn off raids with ‘/gamerule disableRaids true’
- Villagers that are panicking now have a bigger chance of spawning Iron Golems, assuming they can occasionally work and sleep
- “Last slept” and “last worked” is now saved properly for Villagers
- Farmers now spend more time farming when they are working
- Farmers can now always give away food even if other villagers don’t need it
- Improved performance
Nether Biomes: Basalt Delta Crimson Forest Nether Wastes Soul Sand Valley Warped Forest
Previously, the Nether looked pretty much the same no matter where you went. Now, the Nether has been split up into four different biomes.
Kicking things off is the Nether Wastes, which is essentially what the Nether used to be. You’ll find all the usual stuff here including Nether Fortresses, Glowstone, Netherrack, and more. Don’t punch the Zombie Pigmen or you’ll be in for a bad time.
The first of the three new areas is the Crimson Forest. This biome is almost completely blood red, with Warped and Crimson Fungi everywhere. Crimson Nylium covers the floor, with the odd block of Shroomlight scattered around. Huge Crimson Fungus structures are packed densely together.
Then there are Basalt Deltas, which are volcanic biomes where Magma Cubes, Ghasts, and Striders can spawn on Blackstone and Basalt. Ores generate twice as frequently here, which means it can be quite fruitful.
The Warped Forest on the other hand opts for a blue theme, although it has similarly enormous Warped Fungus structures everywhere. It’s not completely blue though, with Netherrack and Glowstone patches found throughout.
Finally, the Soul Sand Valley is as you’d expect; full of Soul Sand, Soul Soil, and Soul Fire. This biome can cut through the other biomes, has ominous blue fog, and enormous Basalt pillars, which are another new decorative block.
There’s so much more to find and discover in this update, so make sure you check out the official wiki page to read up on everything we haven’t covered here.
New Enemies And Creatures
Zombie Piglins fill the Nether and attack players, but the new Nether update adds uncorrupted versions of these creatures, as well. The new Piglins are members of an aggressive civilization that live in Crimson Forests and Nether Wastes, and they will attack players who dont prepare with the right armor, or who touch chests in the Piglins homes. Theyll also trade with players in exchange for Gold Ingots.
Meanwhile, Hoglins are big aggressive boys who live in the Crimson Forests and attack players with a big knockback effect. Piglins will occasionally hunt them for food. If a player brings the Hoglin into the normal world, theyll turn into a terrifying new zombie enemy a Zoglin!
Finally, players can saddle a new, passive Strider creature. A Striders long legs allow it to walk over oceans of lava, but it wont move unless it can follow the scent of some tasty Warped Fungi on a Stick.
Theres a lot to uncover in the new Minecraft update, along with a bunch of quality of life features like better redstone wiring, villager AI updates, new enchants, and the ability to ignite TNT from afar with a burning projectile. Be sure to check out the full patch notes on the official Minecraft site for all of the details.
Don’t Miss: How To Turn Off Narrator On Minecraft Xbox One
Minecraft Nether Update Revealed At Minecon Live 2019
The next big Minecraft content drop was revealed during Saturday’s MINECON Live opening keynote, as players prepare to jump into the Nether Update.
For as much as Microsoft and Mojang like to experiment with offshoots of the Minecraft franchise, the base game continues to be bigger than ever before. Now Minecraft is set to get its next major content update, announcing it during Saturday’s MINECON Live opening keynote. This is the Nether Update, which is set to introduce new biomes, new mobs, and other new features.
The next part of Minecraft to be updated is… The Nether! This scary place is about to become a lot more engaging! Explore brand new biomes like Soulsand Valley and Netherwart Forest, new mobs, trading and more!
For years, the zombie pigmen have been a plague upon Minecraft, spawning frequently in the Nether and occasionally from lightning strikes. But where did they originally come from? To offer a sort of missing link, the Nether Update is introducing a new Nether race called the Piglins. This is a new civilization that’s all about gold. They won’t cause you any trouble, unless you try and open a chest, at which point they’ll attack. You can try and calm them down through a new bartering system, which is more Piglin-style trading, as opposed to the traditional villager trading.
You may also recall that Minecraft recently introduced beehives, as well as bees, into the Minecraft Snapshot.
New Biomes And Environments
If a player explores the overworld in Minecraft theyll stumble on to different environments called biomes; jungles, deserts, badlands, swamps, forests, and icy tundra are common. Before the update, you could also explore the Nether using an Obsidian Portal, but it was just a big expanse of red rock a single biome.
The traditional Nether environment that players are used to is still there as its own biome, which is now called the Nether Wastes. This Update also adds multiple new biomes to the Nether.
You May Like: What Can You Make With Rabbit Hide In Minecraft
Minecraft Java Update: 115 Patch Notes
Minecraft Java 1.15 adds something that not enough of our real world appreciates enough: bees! Minecraft bees live in bee nests that spawn in flowery biomes. They pollinate flowers and crops to help them grow better, fill nests and craftable hives with honey, and can captured and farmed.
For everything else bees can do and more in this update, check out the full patch notes. Here are the highlights:
- Added Bees
- Added Bee Nests and Hives
- Added Honeycomb
When Will The Update Be Released
The first part of the Caves & Cliffs update will be released Tuesday 8 June.
While a specific time has not yet been revealed for when everything will be going live, it is expected to be released at around 3pm BST, based on when previous patches and updates have been released.
In order to give players the best update possible, Minecraft announced that it would be splitting Caves & Cliffs into two parts.
In the FAQ section of the Minecraft website explains: To ship the full Caves & Cliffs update as planned this would have required asking our team to work overtime, and even then we may not have been able to guarantee the high level of polish our players expect.
By taking more time to deliver the update, we can confidently deliver the first part of Caves & Cliffs this summer, with the second part releasing this holiday season.
This was not an easy decision but it is the best path to ensure our team stays healthy, happy, and able to deliver awesome updates for many years to come.
A specific date has not yet been set for the second half of the update, just that it has been planned for release around the holiday season, which could be any time from October to December.
Also Check: How To Make A Crossbow In Minecraft
Minecraft Java Update: 1152 Patch Notes
Patch 1.15.2 has a bit more meat on the bones than 15.1. We’ve got small changes to how bees bee-have when using a silk touch tool and extensive changes to hive spawn rates in certain biomes. Bees are still relatively rare, so get to hunting! See the official patch notes page here.
- Bees no longer anger when a nearby nest/hive is destroyed using a silk touch tool
- Added doPatrolSpawning and doTraderSpawning game rules that control spawning of patrols and wandering traders, respectively
- Added gui_light option in block models to allow controlling light when rendering model as item in GUI
- Controls light when rendering block model inside slot. If set to side, model will be rendered like block. If set to front, ;model is shaded like flat item
- Any birch or oak sapling grown near a flower within 2 blocks distance on the same y-level has a 5% chance of having a bee nest
- Bee Nests now have a 2% chance of spawning in Flower Forests
- Bee Nests now have a 0.2% chance of spawning in Forest, Wooded Hills, Birch Forest, Tall Birch Forest, Birch Forest Hills, and Tall Birch Hills biomes
- Fixed bugs
Nether Update Feature Changes
- Piglins and Hoglins are now required for;Monster Hunter;and;Monsters Hunted
- Serious Dedication;is now awarded for obtaining a Netherite hoe
- Obtaining blackstone now also counts for the;Stone Age;advancement
- Breeding Striders now counts for;The Parrots and the Bats;and is now required for;Two by Two
- Reduced the maximum distance a bee can wander away from its home hive to ~22 blocks
- Farmers can now put excess seeds in the composter to create bone meal
- Bone meal is used by the farmers to grow crops
- Dispensers can now saddle pigs and horses
- Dispensers can now put horse armor on horses
- Dispensers can now put carpets on llamas
- Dispensers can now put chests on llamas, donkeys and mules
- Dispensers can now shear a Mooshroom
- Dispensers can now shear snow golems
F3 + N Spectator Toggle
Game Mode Switcher
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Fire Bow In Minecraft
Nether Update New Blocks
- Added crying obsidian. It’s sad and cries purple energy
- Added basalt. Craft it 2×2 or use a stone cutter to create clean and shiny polished basalt!
- Added blackstone, along with its variants: regular, polished, and polished brick
- Blackstone can be used to craft furnaces and stone tools
Music Effects And Everything Else
Two features that were present in the Nether Update that didn’t make themselves known were Achievement rewards and emotes. Players can now be rewarded with character creation cosmetic items or emotes when completing certain Achievements, and can also express themselves with emotes. New premium emotes will also be made available through the Marketplace. More information here.
Just under a week before the Nether Update was officially released, Mojang Studios released the official soundtrack, complete with all the new music being added in the Nether Update, to Spotify for everyone to access and enjoy. If you’re interested, you can find our full news post here detailing the release, with links to the playlist.
I always love to see the attention to detail in games, especially when it comes to the atmospheric qualities, like the soundtrack. Mojang isn’t letting us down here, with new music to come, as well as a lot of other improvements.
- New music for the Nether Update. Mojang brought on Lena Raine to compose three new songs that will play in the nether wastes, crimson forests, soulsand valleys, and basalt deltas. There’s also a new disc you can only find in bastion remnant treasure chests called “pigstep,” which is a song with some funk. Will we see even more? I hope so.
Here are all the Advancements added in the Nether Update:
Don’t Miss: Minecraft Beetroot Uses
Minecraft Updates: The Latest Java And Bedrock Patch Notes
Want to find out what’s coming in the latest Minecraft update? These content drops add all sorts of mobs and materials to the game, but they also implement those all-important bug fixes and quality-of-life changes. Minecraft patch notes are a great resource for finding out exactly what these changes are and what new features are coming in each new update.
There are two versions of Minecraft that often receive updates at different times. Minecraft Java Edition is the original standalone PC version and is usually the first to get updated. Bedrock is the newer version made for Windows 10, consoles, and mobile devices, and the most crucial difference is that this version isn’t open to modding, but does support crossplay.
If this is your first visit, you’ve stumbled across our running catalogue of what’s new in both versions of Minecraft. You can read about Minecraft Java updates on this page including version 1.18, or head straight to the second page for Minecraft Bedrock patch notes.
Page 1: Minecraft Java patch notesPage 2: Minecraft bedrock patch notes
What Features Will Be In The Nether Update For Minecraft
The Nether Update will bring fresh mechanics, mobs, and biome features to the hellish dimension. With the many, many snapshot and beta releases showing off some of the changes we can expect, we now have a better idea of what’s coming with the Nether Update. Mojang may also have some additional changes planned that we still don’t know about, but we’ll tackle that as it comes!
Here’s what we do know is coming:
You May Like: How To Break Glass In Minecraft
When Does ‘the Nether Update’ Release For Minecraft
Exactly as announced by Mojang Studios last week, the Nether Update is now rolling out to all platforms running the Bedrock or Java Editions of the game. If you don’t see the update right away, don’t fret! Mojang Studios may be doing staged rollouts to ensure everything goes smoothly for all its players. The Nether Update is finally here.
An official release date has been announced by Mojang Studios, and we are now days away from getting our hands on the Nether Update. Expect it for both the Bedrock and Java Editions on every platform, including Windows, Xbox, Playstation, and Switch. The date? June 23, 2020, so less than a week away! You can find our original post here for all the glorious information.
Update, May 13, 2020: It’s by no means an official confirmation that we’re nearing release, but a new snapshot for Minecraft: Java Edition has just been released for testers, complete with the expected bug fixes and the Nether Update’s new achievements! This indicates that Mojang has locked in new features, and is now focusing on general polish. It hopefully won’t be more than a month away. We’ll continue to update this space as we learn more.
The first snapshot was released in early February, 2020, reinforcing this assumption. Snapshots for major updates can start popping up 3 to 4 months before the update’s actual release date, judging from past events, which gives us a better timeline.
Minecraft Java Update: 116 The Nether Update
- Added the Soul Speed enchantment
- Added the lodestone
- Added the respawn anchor that allows you to set your respawn point in the Nether. Use while holding glowstone to charge to a maximum of four charges each respawn use one charge
- You can charge the respawn anchor using a dispenser
Read Also: Minecraft How To Make Trapdoor