How To Get The Best Minecraft Axe Enchantment Options
Before we get to the list of the best Minecraft axe enchantments, its important to know that the three enchantment options youll get at the Enchantment Table are randomized. If you dont like any of them, you can go for the least costly one and apply it to a book or a different item. This will cost you one Lapis Lazuli and one experience level, but it will refresh the three enchantment options. If you apply it to a book, you can still use the Enchantment at a later time.;
How Many Bookshelves Do You Need For Level 15
There is an upper limit on the enchantment tables level. Beyond 15 bookshelves there is no additional effect to adding more, so there is no need to build this entire structure since version 1.3. With just 15 bookshelves in any of the valid positions you can achieve the maximum enchanting level which is 30.
Example Of How To Use An Enchantment
You can enchant the armor, weapons, and tools that you are holding by using the /enchant command.
For example, you can use the to enchant the item that the player called DigMinecraft is holding with Blast Protection IV.
/enchant DigMinecraft blast_protection 4
In this example, blast_protection is the name of the enchantment and 4 is the level of the enchantment to add. The command would result in the item held by DigMinecraft to be enchanted with Blast Protection IV. This enchantment would reduce explosion damage for an armor item.
What Is The Anvil For
If you’re interested in taking your enchanting skills to the next level, it’s basically a necessity to have an anvil on hand. Anvils are incredibly useful for a variety of things, including making your enchanted items last longer and become stronger.
- Repair your items and equipment. Anvils can restore most items that have durability, as long as you have another one of those items lying around. This is especially useful for repairing enchanted items, which are far more valuable.
- Combine enchantments. Whether you’re using multiple enchanted items or an enchanted book, you can combine enchantments into one super item. Very useful to get the perfect combination of traits.
- Personalize items. Anvils allow you to rename items as well, giving them a degree of personalization. Now you can ride into battle wielding your mighty sword, “Insert-Name-Here.” I’ll let you handle the actual naming.
You’ll need to spend a bit of experience to use an anvil for anything, but it’s almost always more feasible than creating an entirely new enchanted item instead. With an anvil around, nothing goes to waste.
To craft an anvil, you’ll need three blocks of iron as well as four iron ingots. In total, that’s 31 iron ingots! Be prepared to spend a bit more to have that extra edge over your opponents. An anvil is crafted by having a base and stand made of iron ingots, with the head being solid iron blocks, as seen in the image above.
What Is The Hardest Shield Enchantment To Get In Minecraft
Mending is the hardest shield enchantment to get in Minecraft. Firstly, it is difficult to get, and secondly, it is a very costly enchantment for a shield. You have to spend a lot to trade it with villagers after you find anyone to trade.
Other ways to obtain the mending enchant is through fishing, but that also mostly depends on luck. You have to spend hours just hoping to get it. Mainly the villagers are the best bet to get the enchantment after you have traded enchant books with them.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Enchantment Table
Does Mending Take Away Xp
If you have a mending weapon in one of your hands the xp will go to repairing it before if adds to your levels. This means that using your mending weapon to farm xp will level you slightly slower because the weapon always gets slightly damaged and then repaired.
How Much Does It Cost To Enchant Items
The cost to enchant items is the experience you gain by killing mobs, breeding livestock, mining resources, or using your furnace. For example, if you’re level five and do a level 3 enchantment, you would go back to level 2. The better the enchantment, the more levels it takes.
Enchantments reach a maximum of level 30 and the higher-level enchantments require bookshelves around the enchanting table. In order to obtain the highest level of enchantment, you need a total of 15 bookshelves. The bookshelves must be arranged one block away from the enchanting table in a 1 high, 5 by 5 square, with an opening for a door.
Read Also: Cyan Stained Clay
How Many Enchantments Can A Sword Have 2021
Technically speaking, there is no real limit for how many enchantments you may forge into your sword in Minecraft. However, it doesn’t mean you can cram every single enchantment in the game to the blade or to any other items. Each weapon, tool, or armor has a different set of enchantments that they’re compatible with. For example, you can enchant a pickaxe with Fortune, but you cannot do so with a sword or a bow.
Then there’s the compatibility between the enchantments themselves. A certain number of them conflict with each other, meaning you can only apply one to your item. To illustrate, let’s take a look at the trident. Once you’ve enchanted your trident with Channeling, you cannot reforge it with Riptide or Loyalty.
The same thing goes for swords. That’s the basics of the enchanting mechanics in Minecraft.
So, what are all the enchants for a sword? For swords, there are 10 enchantments currently available:
- Bane of Arthropods
- Sweeping Edge
In fact, you cannot apply all of 10 enchantments to a sword. According to the latest game rule 2021, you;can reinforce a sword in Minecraft with up to 8 enchantments to be exact, including;Curse of Vanishing, because such enchantments as Bane of Arthropods, Smite, and Sharpness are incompatible.
What Enchantments Can Books Have
Since books can now be enchanted in Minecraft 1.4.6, I haven’t been able to find much information on how their enchantments work. I know you can enchant a book and then later apply that enchantment to another item using an Anvil, but I’m still unclear as to the actual enchantments that books can receive.
- Can they receive all the enchantments that are possible on other items?
- Can they receive more than one enchantment like some other items?
- Since enchantments have different chances of occurring for different tools, materials, and at different levels, how are those probabilities different for books?
- Though you didn’t ask about the step where book enchantments are applied to tools, you might be interested to know that this step is where much of the limits of books is located. According to the wiki, book enchantments can only be applied to specific tools . For example, Bane of Arthropods or Sharpness from a book can only be applied to axes, not swords.;SevenSidedDieDec 23 ’12 at 17:44
- Then the Wiki is wrong. I just enchanted an iron sword with sharpness III from a book using an Anvil.;JohnDec 24 ’12 at 4:10
What is an enchanted book?
According to the Minecraft Wiki, an enchanted book is an item which allows players to add enchantments to weapons, tools, or armor by combining the enchantment book with one of said items on an anvil.
Can they receive any enchantment?
Can they receive more than one enchantment?
- Efficiency I
- Aqua Affinity I
Read Also: How To Make Minecraft Shaders Less Laggy
What Are All Of The Enchantments
There’s a long list of enchantments available in Minecraft. Most items have their own enchantments, and some of those enchantments aren’t compatible with each other Here’s a list of all the enchantments currently available in Minecraft:
Some of these enchantments can only be added to certain items using an anvil, and will never show up in an enchantment table. This includes to Mending, Unbreaking, Thorns, Smite, Bane of Arthropods, Efficiency, Silk Touch, and Frost Walker.
I’ve separated items that can be enchanted via table and items that can only be enchanted via anvil by using a hyphen between them in the table above.
How Many Enchantments Does An Armor Have In Minecraft
On an object that is used to;protect the player;from attacks by other players or creatures.;The armor consists;of boots, helmet, breastplate and greaves.
The more items of protection a player has on, the less they are affected by hits.;The advantage is that armor can be enchanted to;increase its duration;.
The probability of enchanting an item will depend on the;type of material;the armor is made of.;The enchantment serves to protect the player from specific damage.
- Feather Falling ;protect the player from falls.
- Blast Protection:;enchantment that protects the player from explosions.
- Projectile ;take care of the player from damage caused by fireballs, dates and ghast.
- Fire Protection ;Offers protection against fireballs, lava, and blaze fireballs.
- Protection:;means absolute protection from any attack on the player.
Also Check: How To Make A Waypoint In Minecraft
How To Build An Enchanting Table
An enchanting table is your tool for enchanting everything you own, so if you’re interested, it’s imperative that you craft one of your own. Not only that but just crafting an enchantment table isn’t enough. You’ll need to feed your enchantment table the sweet, sweet knowledge that only books can afford.
To craft an enchantment table, you’ll need:
- 4 blocks of obsidian. Obsidian is created when water hits a lava source block. As one of the strongest blocks in Minecraft, it can only be mined with a diamond pickaxe.
- 2 diamonds. One of the rarest materials found in Minecraft, diamond ore is only found near the bottommost levels of the Overworld. You’ll need an iron pickaxe or better to mine them.
- 1 book. To craft a book, you’ll need three pieces of paper and one scrap of leather .
Once you’re done, you’ll need to combine everything in a crafting table, as seen above. Enchantment tables are placeable, just like crafting tables, furnaces, and more.
Whenever you’re deciding where to place your new enchantment table, it’s best to leave space all around it. A 2 block gap on all sides is your best bet; that way, you have room to upgrade your enchantment table as needed. Oh? You don’t know how to upgrade your enchantment table? It just so happens the next section covers precisely that.
It Does Make A Difference Which Sword Enchantment You Use In The Game
As I mentioned before, different enchantments bring about different benefits. You have to be aware of what each one does so you can use it tactfully.
Bane of Arthropods: Earns extra damage to arthropod mobs. As the name suggests, this is only a good choice if you plan on tackling a spider farm.
Curse of Vanishing: This spell is used make an item disappear on death.
Fire Aspect: Is there even a surprise here? This enchantment would literally set the targets on fire. You can cook fishes or cows without worrying about smoker as once hit by fire aspect, they will drop as cooked meat right away.
Knock-Back: Increase the range of knock-back attack for your sword. This is ideal when you wish to create distance between yourself and the opponents.
Looting: With the exception of EXP drop, looting enchantment works wonders in increasing the chances of dropping items when you are killing a mob. In this way, you can wish to gain more from common, uncommon, or rare loots.
Mending: This one has to be a leading enchantment in the game. It uses your experience to regain durability of the weaponry. .
Sharpness: It increases the extent of damage from melee weapons such as swords and axes. When you reach level 5, your sword can have 3 damage points in Java Edition.
Smite: It can be used to inflict extra damage on the enemies and undead mobs. It is most effective against Zombies.
Recommended Reading: Terracotta Recipe Minecraft
Find Out How To Buff Items With Our Minecraft Enchantments Guide
Minecraft enchantments let you turn normal everyday game tools and armor into powerful items. Whether its a bow that fires infinite arrows, a set of boots that freeze water under your feet, or a sword that sets enemies ablaze, Minecraft;enchantments can really enhance your game, and increase your chances of survival when delving into the darker and nastier parts of the world.
In this Minecraft enchantments guide, we are going to walk you through;how to;get the resources you need to build an enchantments table, and give a list of Minecraft enchantments available for equipment in the game. We also have a list of our favourite Minecraft enchantments, some of which are practical, and others that are just downright absurd.
Follow;our enchantments guide and before you know it, youre going to have personalised and powerful enchanted equipment that suits your playstyle. Thats the joy of Minecraft enchantments the sheer variety means that you can create all sorts of useful items. Lets see another monster get the better of you now
Howmany Enchantments Can A Sword Have
As previously stated, players can stack enchantments on all of their weapons, including swords.
The number of enchantments that can be added to a sword, theoretically, has no real limit. This means that players can enchant their sword with any enchantment they want to make it stronger but this isnt practically possible.
- Its important to remember that stacking enchantments isnt as simple as it appears and takes some effort.
So its picky, but there is a limit. Nothing can be enchanted beyond level 39; after that, the anvil simply says too expensive. Depending on how the enchantment was created, such as through a book, this can dramatically increase.
- So, putting Mending first on a sword, for example, could cost 5 levels. Lets say the next enchant is Looting III, and it costs 11 levels.
This will continue to increase on that one sword until it can no longer anticipate because the next enchant is higher than level 39. Look at what could go on your sword, in this case, in your enchanting table.
- If the name isnt what youre looking for, enchant a book at the lowest rank, then bring the sword back in and see what you get.
You cant promise that youll get several enchantments at once, however you can guarantee that youll get at least one for a reasonable price.
Depending on the level this number varies. But generally, a single sword may have up to seven enchantments.
For the new version of Minecraft Java Edition , here is a list of sword enchantments:
Also Check: How To Make Hardened Clay In Minecraft
How To Enchant An Axe In Minecraft
Minecraft enchantments allow you to add extra abilities to a tool, weapon, armor piece, or book. As the axe is one of the most-used items in the game, its usually a good idea to enchant it as soon as youre able. Heres how you can enchant your Minecraft axe:
- Craft an Enchantment Table and use your experience points. You need to collect 4 Obsidian, 2 Diamonds, and 1 Book in order to make one Enchantment Table. You also need some Lapis Lazuli as fuel. The maximum enchantment level you can reach depends on how much experience you have, and how many Bookshelves you placed.;
- If you want to increase the maximum axe enchantment level you can reach with the Enchantment Table, you need to surround it with Bookshelves. Do make sure to leave one block of air between a Bookshelf and the Enchantment Table. A total of 15 Bookshelves will get you to the maximum enchantment level of 30. To craft your first Bookshelf, you need 3 Books and 6 Wood Planks .
- Craft an Anvil and use Enchanted Books. You need 4 Iron Ingots and 3 Blocks of Iron to create one Anvil. Although the Anvil is relatively easy to craft, Enchanted Books can be hard to get. Search every temple, dungeon, and ruin you encounter to increase your chances of finding one! You can also get them from trading, fishing, or enemy drops.
Good News: There Is A Hack To Getting Highest Level Enchantments In Minecraft
So when you are trying to lay your hands on enchantments, 99.9% of the players rely on the Enchanting Table. Fair enough, but, it does give out the spells randomly and in most cases, you might not get what you need.
To increase your chances of getting the highest level of enchantments, I suggest you look into Enchantment Book instead.
Players can obtain these by trading with villagers. Afterwards, you can combine the table and the book to get highest-leveled enchantments for your sword as well as other items in the weaponry. Cool, right? I though so too!
Recommended Reading: How To Get Minecraft Mods On Nintendo Switch
How Many Enchantments Can A Shield Have
As we already mentioned a shield can have the following enchantments in Minecraft:
Every item has certain important qualities for which it is used. A shield is a protective gear hence it needs to be stronger, durable, and easily repairable. The enchants that a shield requires are such that it can be hard-wearing against the enemy attack while also keeping the shield last long amid the brutal fights.
For this purpose, the Unbreaking is a useful enchant. It keeps the weapon lasting longer than its normal duration. The durability of the weapon increases by 4 or 5 times, helping the player immensely during the combat. The Unbreaking enchant extends the life of the weapon as when struck during the melee attack or from distance the life of the shield doesnt reduce much.
Mending enchants repairs the damage that occurs to the item with the help of experience orbs that the player has earned in the game. A shield is a weapon used in fighting so mending enchantment is important for maintaining its life. It not only preserves the shields life but also saves the hassle of repairing the shield at an anvil.
The curse of vanishing is not an enchantment that needs to be used because it is the only unusable enchant in the game. The only thing that it does is disappear the item when the player dies in the game. The items ghost in the air after the player is killed even if it was enchanted with some other enchantment.