How To Download Minecraft Latest Versions For Bedrock & Java Editions
Minecraft, an indie sandbox block game created by Markus “Notch” Persson, has become a phenomenal title in recent years. The game is now maintained by Mojang Studios, which has released many notable updates, like Village & Pillage, Nether Update, and Caves & Cliffs.
Minecraft’s latest update, titled Caves & Cliffs Part 1, featured many new blocks, items, and cute mobs like axolotls, goats, and glow squids. The 1.17 version was the first phase of the much-awaited Caves & Cliffs update.
After Minecraft 1.17’s official launch, developers released another update to fix the major bugs and issues in the Caves & Cliffs Part 1 update. This article guides readers on how to download and install the latest versions of Minecraft.
Find Minecraft Version On Your Pc
If you have Minecraft installed on your system and you want to find out which version you have, its easy.
On the bedrock/UWP/Windows 10 versions
On the Java version of Minecraft
How To Download Minecraft Latest Versions For Bedrock Java Editions
This tutorial is about the How to download Minecraft latest versions for Bedrock Java Editions. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to download Minecraft latest versions for Bedrock Java Editions. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Read Also: Totem In Minecraft
When Does Minecraft 119 Launch
Minecraft 1.19 will launch in 2022, but Mojang hasn’t given a specific date yet. With the second half of the Caves & Cliffs update only recently launching in November 2021, it seems likely that the Wild Update wont arrive until later in 2022. As usual, well likely see early versions of the update in snapshot builds.
Latest Version Of Minecraft For Bedrock Edition
Minecraft Bedrock Edition was designed for devices that do not support Java and have low specs. It is available on Xbox, PlayStation, iOS, Android, and many other devices. Due to its long list of compatible devices, Bedrock Edition is often preferred for cross-play. However, this also causes another problem: Bedrock Edition has to be purchased differently for all devices. Prices may vary from device to device, similarly, the process of updating to the latest version is also different. Right now, the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock is 1.17.11. Here are the steps for devices with most Bedrock Edition players.
Read Also: How To Make A Working Shower In Minecraft
The Himalayas In A Minecraft 118 Seed
If you like mountains this seed is certainly for you. It gives you a realistic mountain generation with snow on top and forest and plains below. You will also find other smaller hills and mountains around a giant peak overlooking everything.
The mountain range discussed does not appear at the point of appearance, you will have to go to coordinates X: -621, Y: 125, Z: -1538 to find it. There is a ruined portal at the foot of the mountain. But if you dont want to go that far, you can see the next best thing, the new grove biome near your apparition point. Its a small mountain sub-biome that features snow blocks and snow-based creatures.
|Minecraft 1.18 / 1.18.1
What Is The Latest Version Of Minecraft Bedrock Answered
Minecraft Bedrock is one of the most played and successful games and shares some features from its Java Edition and Legacy Console Edition counterparts. You can build and create whatever you like in a complete sandbox-like environment. Survival elements like hunger and brewing are also scattered everywhere in Minecraft Bedrock Edition. The multiplayer mode is cross-platform compatible between all supported devices.
The developers have always released different builds and patches to either add new features or update the existing ones. With so many updates and version history, it can be hard to keep track of whats new. Whether you want to update your Minecraft Bedrock to the latest version or simply want to stay updated about everything Minecraft, heres what is the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock.
Recommended Reading: What Do You Do With A Nautilus Shell In Minecraft
How To Update Different Versions Of Minecraft
There are four different versions of the endless open-world classic Minecraft available for platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and many consoles. They are as follows
- Pocket Edition
- Java Edition
- Windows 10 Edition
We recommend subscribing to Mojangs newsletter to receive news about the game and notifications about updates.
These are the steps to update the above-mentioned versions on various platforms.
Minecraft With Ray Tracing
- Enabled Ray Tracing on Windows 10 with compatible graphics hardware
- Players can dramatically change the look and feel of the game. Immerse yourself in volumetric fog. See Minecraft in a whole new light with a cutting-edge dynamic lighting system, Ray Tracing
- Players can also experience advanced kinds of block textures including metallic surfaces, bump maps, normal maps, and light emission
- Content in the Marketplace is now aware of Ray Tracing capabilities and will display a label indicating support within the user interface
Don’t Miss: Nintendo Gamertag
Multi Noise World Generation
- New and improved terrain and biome generation algorithm that creates more natural terrain and biome transitions
- Improved surface decoration that detects the difference between when blocks are generated underwater and underground
- Introduces large ore veins to world generation adding more strategy to mining
- Introduces noodle caves to world generation, creating small pathways between bigger caves
- Introduces the possibility of dry cave entrances that make it easier to access the new noise caves
- Introduces a new algorithm that finds suitable spawn positions closer to origin
- Added logic to save and load SubChunks by absolute Y index to support data-driven dimension height ranges
Minecraft Bedrock Edition Pc Download Overview
Minecraft Bedrock Edition Pc Download: Bedrock Edition suggests the multi-stage set of arrivals of Minecraft made by Mojang Studios, Xbox Game Studios, 4J Studios, and SkyBox Labs. Prior to this period, since the motor was turned over with Pocket Edition, this whole thing family was calledPocket Edition, MCPE, orPocket/Windows 10 Edition.
All Bedrock varieties of Minecraft utilize the name Minecraft with no subtitle. The current kind of Bedrock variation is 1.14.60. Before this Better Together Updatethey had various subtitles on each stage, like Pocket Edition , Windows 10 Edition, Gear VR Edition, and Fire TV Edition. Xbox One Edition, Nintendo Switch Edition, and PlayStation 4 Edition were initially essential for Legacy Console Edition before the Better Together Update, just as their features should be glimmered to Bedrock Edition. Apple TV Edition was halted now a short time frame thereafter, thusly it was didnt revive any longer and removed out of the App Store on Apple TV contraptions.
Also Check: How To Fix Minecraft Multiplayer
Bedrock Edition Version History
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki by expanding this article.This article needs more information!
- For more information on version history for other editions, see Version History .
- For other articles related to “bedrock”, see Bedrock .
|This article or section requires a cleanup in order to meet the Minecraft Wiki’s quality standards.Please edit this page to improve it.Needs info for versions.
Bedrock Edition has been in development since August 16, 2011, and was called Pocket Edition at the time. It was in Alpha until November 18, 2016, when the game was fully released. When Bedrock Edition 1.2.0 was released, the edition was dubbed “Bedrock Edition”, and the “Pocket Edition” moniker was dropped.
Create Explore And Survive Alone Or With Friends
The new Minecraft is here! Featuring the latest game updates like Update Aquatic, cross-platform play and access to a multitude of content through the Minecraft Marketplace.
Current owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will be able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft by downloading it from the eShop for free!
After June 21st 2018, “Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition” will no longer be available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop. Existing owners can continue to play. *Existing owners will be able to re-download this version if needed.
Players of “Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition” will be able to convert their worlds to “Minecraft” , but should expect the process to take some time. There is currently no way for Minecraft: Wii U Edition worlds to transfer to “Minecraft” on Nintendo Switch.
While The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack is pre-installed with the game, to access the remaining DLC packs included with the base game purchase you must download them from the in-game store.
A Microsoft Account is free and by signing in on device allows Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch to play with others on non-Nintendo devices. It also enables the portability of Minecoins and in-game store purchases to other devices.
You can purchase Minecoins in Nintendo eShop. Minecoins let you buy content in our in-game store, safely and securely. Minecoins are kept in your virtual wallet and can be used in Minecraft on other devices if you have a Microsoft Account.
You May Like: Minecraft Dragon Head Blueprints
Bedrock Is Better For Cross
The Bedrock Edition allows for cross-platform multiplayer on consoles, mobile devices, and Windows 10. The Java Edition is only for PC, and it will only allow you to play with other Java players, which is a lot more limiting.
Do keep in mind that if you want the Bedrock Edition on different platforms, youll have to rebuy it on each console. That said, purchases of add-ons will carry over from other platforms.
What Is The Bedrock Version Of Minecraft
Whats the difference between Minecraft and the Bedrock edition? Well, the classic version of Minecraft gives you limited things, whereas Bedrock blows the doors off and allows you to do everything.
Bedrock allows the game to work across PC, consoles and mobile, and you will get Creative, Survival and Adventure mode thrown in too. This version also includes survival elements including hunger and brewing, and the Nether and the End dimensions are there too.
You will find too that there are mobs, blocks and items that behave differently and some of them will look different too.
So, can you play Minecraft Bedrock on Xbox One? Yes, you can! This is the main paid version of the game youll find on Xbox and PlayStation consoles as well as PC.
Recommended Reading: Ftb Reading Enchantment
What Is The Latest Version Of Minecraft Bedrock
Going by the Minecraft official feedback page, the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock is 1.18.2 and was released on December 9, 2021. The new update fixed some issues encountered since the release of Caves & Cliffs: Part II. While not a significant update, here is the patch note for Minecraft Bedrock is 1.18.2:
- Fixed an issue that affected some large world saves on PlayStation, resulting in corrupted textures and loss of data, in some cases.
- Interacting with certain containers will once again properly open the inventory screen.
- Fixed issue where breaking blocks, opening chests, and entering portals would be delayed/not work when there are lots of mobs nearby.
- Fixed some worlds not correctly replacing Bedrock blocks with Deepslate blocks after upgrading to 1.18.
Minecraft Bedrock allows you to customize characters and you can perform different achievements to progress through the game.
You can get achievements by doing unique challenges or even play with your friends.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, youre in the right place. Check out our job ad today!
What You Need To Know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is the modern version of Minecraft on Xbox, PC, PlayStation, Switch, and mobile devices.
- Today, Mojang Studios is officially releasing the 1.16.220 update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players.
- This update is built on top of the 1.16 Nether Update, and most includes an assortment of bug fixes.
- There are also some new tools for map and add-on creators, and the ability to change sign text colors using dye.
Minecraft is a quintessential example of a game that steadily improves over time, and this trend continues today with the official release of the 1.16.220 update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Still being built on top of the 1.16 branch, or the Nether Update, the 1.16.220 update doesn’t include a ton of new features or anything from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update.
However, players will be able to enjoy a wide range of bug fixes and general improvements, map and add-on creators can take advantage of new tools, and the text on signs can now be colored with dye. Small but welcome improvements run wild in the 1.16.220 patch update for Minecraft.
This is a minor release, so don’t expect a next-gen update for Minecraft on the Xbox Series X|S, or a colossal number of new features in additions like what’s coming this summer in the Caves and Cliffs Update. Instead, this update focuses on minor improvements and fixes to keep Minecraft running well.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Update 1.16.220 includes:
Also Check: How To Make An Arch In Minecraft
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
Updating Minecraft: Windows 10 edition is the same procedure as updating the Bedrock edition. Like the other versions, this also updates automatically when a decent network is detected.
Once the updating is complete, youll see a Youre good to go message. You can also download the installer from the Minecraft website.
Picking A Format Version: #
This purely depends on your use case. If you’re going for simpler things, and need backwards compatibility, 1.10.0 for Items and Blocks is the way to go. If you need complex stuff, 1.16.100 then. Another thing to note would be that Entities are barely effected by different format versions, meaning you can use almost anything without worrying about backwards compatibility.
Don’t Miss: Minecraft Shield Slot
What Is Minecraft Classic
Minecraft Classic is the free version of Minecraft, but there are limitations with it that rule it out of being a consideration for avid players.
You can explore the Minecraft world here and do so with up to nine friends, but any progress you made or anything you do in the game will be lost as soon as you close it.
Mods will not work in this version of the game either, you will not be able to buy any of the many Minecraft skins, and realms are non-existent. Its a basic version of Minecraft that is there to show you what it is all about, rather than one you will sink any serious time into.
‘java Edition’ Is Exclusive To Pc Mac And Linux
Firstly, if you’re planning on playing “Minecraft” on anything other than a computer, then you’ll be playing “Bedrock.” There’s no choice there the “Java” version is only available on computers.
However, “Bedrock” isn’t available on Mac or Linux. This means that if you’re playing on one of those systems, “Java” is your only route.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Mods On Minecraft Nintendo Switch
How To Download Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- For secure download select given 4 out of 1 option
- Then the next page will be open and you have to select the Download Minecraft Bedrock Edition Installer .
- Open the Installer, Click Next, and choose the directory where to Install.
- Let it Download the Full Version game in your specified directory.
- Open the Game and Enjoy Playing.
The Bedrock Edition Limits Modding
While the Bedrock Edition does have add-ons, it features more paid content to add to the game, whereas the Java version lets you install mods for free.
If youre planning on modding the heck out of your game and dont want to be limited by Microsoft-approved mods, youll want to go with the Java Edition.
Recommended Reading: What Is Coarse Dirt Used For In Minecraft
Technical Fixes & Changes
- Renamed all references of Actor to Entity
- Renamed BlockPos to BlockLocation
- Added startSequence to GameTest, which allows finer control over advanced test sequences
- GameTest sequence callbacks no longer takeâ¯testâ¯as a parameter as the initial test object now lives as long as the whole test
- Identifiers within render_controllers will now be considered content errors if there is no render controller matching that name
- Entity json before version 1.16.100 will no longer give a content error for the deprecated field minecraft:foot_size
- modified condition in trident.animation_controllers.jsonâ¯to allow mobs to enterâ¯ wield_third_person_raise
- Fixed an issue where loading into a world would cause continuous MoLang errors around “unhandled request for unknown variable”
- A black screen no longer covers the player icon in the pause menu in some worlds. Content creators no longer need to override both focus_border_frame.png and pause_screen_border.png for correct behavior
- Items can now have the transparentattachable tag applied to make attachable items not render for the player wearing them in the first person perspective
- Fixed an issue where V2 Villagers were not properly updating their MoLang variables on initialization