Time And Weather Following The Scenario
Many times, a player will be building something, and it will start raining or start to get dark, which both can be disturbing to the player. Fortunately, you can use commands to turn off the rain, as well as make the sun go back to sunrise. To toggle rain on and off, just use the /weather command. Use clear if you want to clear the weather, or rain or thunder, if you would like to toggle on rain or a thunderstorm. For example, if you want the weather to be rain but not thunder, type in the /weather rain command.
Along with this, you can also use /time set with a number: 23250 is sunrise, 6000 is midday, 12750 is sunset and 18000 is midnight. So, if you want to set the time to sunrise, type in the chat: /time set 23250.
S To Make A Grass Block From A Dirt Block
Grass can spread to dirt blocks and make a grass block if the requirements are met. Here is the requirement for grass to spread to a dirt block and make a glass block.
- The dirt block needs to be within the 3×3×5 range of the source grass.
- The source grass block needs a direct light of level 9 or brighter on top of it.
- The dirt needs to have some light on it and the light level doesn’t matter. So if there is a semi-transparent on top of the dirt block, the grass can still spread to it as long as the above surface can contact the light.
- The block directly above the dirt block can’t be water, lava, or a waterlogged variant block. Ice and slime blocks don’t prevent grass from spreading.
Grass doesn’t need direct contact to other blocks to spread. Grass spread at random intervals to a random block in the range. The spread is not affected by gaps or other in-between blocks. Grass can spread downward and actually spread downward faster than upward.
Detecting Players Who Switched To Peaceful
Create a hostile mob that never despawns if the player is far away. To do so, use a name tag on the mob and place it on a pressure plate. Make sure it will keep it pressed infinitely, so make sure surround it with 2 high blocks or fences, so that it can’t jump or walk away. Make a redstone circuit that causes a command block to activate when input from pressure plate ceases to exist. Place a message inside the block that informs the player on chat that the map has been broken and must be redownloaded. This way, switching to Peaceful will cause the mob to vanish and activate the message. You can even make a teleportation command block so that a cheater is banished from the map to a small room without a way out as soon as they switch to Peaceful.
Recommended Reading: Minecraft Fire Arrows
How To Make Black Concrete In Minecraft
Making black concrete shouldnt give you a hard time either:
Here Is How To Make Block Unbreakable In Minecraft
Making unbreakable blocks in mincraft only require a few commands depending on the which minecraft version you are using. Meanwhile, you first need to put a player in Adventure mode using the different commands that fit your version. Thats the first step on How to Make Blocks Unbreakable in Minecraft. Talking about commands we have selected group of commands that works on different versions of the game.
Read Also: How To Set Tick Speed
How To Make A Perfect Circle In Minecraft
Minecraft is a sandbox game that is designed to be blocky. There are quite a few mods that take away the blocky feel from it and make it more realistic by adding more curves to everything.
Even if the player tried to, creating a perfect circle using normal blocks is impossible. However, there is a way of creating a perfect circle with the help of commands.
How To Make Different Instrument Sounds
Placing a note block on certain blocks will create different sounds. The sounds are of different instruments, so you’re able to create a song that sounds more ‘full,’ rather than just having one instrument. Below are the instruments available through different types of blocks.
- Wood: String Bass
- Stone : Bass Drum
- Block of Gold: Bells
You May Like: What Can You Make With Rabbit Hide In Minecraft
Showcase Your Building Prowess
While concrete blocks are a basic building component in Minecraft, learning this skill opens the door to a multitude of construction options. With this material, you can build stunning roofs and towers youll be proud of. All you need to do is mine the necessary supplies and decide on the ideal color the remaining steps will be a breeze.
Is concrete among your favorite building materials? What constructions have you built using it? Tell us in the comments section below.
How To Make Bedrock In Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft bedrock with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
In Minecraft, bedrock is the only indestrucible block in the game. There is currently no crafting recipe for this item and you can’t mine it because it is too tough to break. You can however find it in the crafting menu in Creative mode. You can also give yourself bedrock with a game command .
This is a great item to use if you want to build an indestructible house.
Let’s explore how to add bedrock to your inventory.
Also Check: Fletching Table In Minecraft
Block’s Tile Entity And Inventory
- Bind this block to GUI: If your block has a GUI, select it here.
- Open bound GUI on right-click: Open the bound GUI when the player right-clicks in the block.
- Enable tile entity and inventory on this block: check this box if you want to add an inventory or use NBT variables.
- Number of Inventory : This is how many slots your GUI will use for the inventory.
- Max size of stack: This is how many items in the slots can stack too.
- Drop items from inventory when destroyed: Check this if you want the items to drop when the block is broken.
- Enable block output comparator data: Check this if you want the block to work with comparators.
- Output slots: Select what slots are output slots, use commas to separate the slot numbers.
How Can I Make A Block Only Be Placed On Certain Other Blocks
I want people to only be able to place TNT on only Quartz Blocks and I’ve see this done before where you can only place blocks on certain other blocks but I’m not sure of the command used to do that.
Does anyone know?
From the wiki, about Item NBT tags :
Blocks can be given tags to specify what blocks they may be placed against in Adventure mode
tag: The tag tag. – CanPlaceOn: Determines which blocks that blocks with this tag can be placed against in adventure mode.
As the give command takes the Item’s tag tag as last parameter, you just have to drop your list of blocks in there :
Or, in 1.13+:
- Nov 14 ’14 at 8:42
- I know that but I need to know the command. /give The something refers to the part I don’t know which is where the syntax is and that’s what I’m looking for. FireStrike289Nov 14 ’14 at 8:55
- @FireStrike289 Edited. The syntax is JSON. By the way, be cautious as give’s data and amount parameters are the other way around 🙂 QuentinNov 14 ’14 at 10:42
- I understand the part above, but can you put block variants into the part? And if so, how? I’ve already tried experimenting with the code, but I can figure it out :/Dec 24 ’15 at 17:51
Don’t Miss: What Level Do Diamonds Spawn Minecraft
How To Make Concrete Blocks In Minecraft
Lets say you wanted to make a red concrete block. The crafting would look like this:
How To Get Grass Blocks In Minecraft
To get the Silk Touch enchantment, players need to first build an enchantment table. Unfortunately, there is a degree of randomness in Minecraft enchantments, and players may not find Silk Touch right away. Adding enchantments resets the offering, so players may have to add enchantments repeatedly before finding the right one.
Adding bookshelves around the enchantment table increases the odds that Silk Touch will appear, so players on the hunt should definitely build some around the block. Once found, this enchantment can be put on almost any tool but is most effective attached to a shovel in this case.
Attaching an enchantment in Minecraft requires the player to put the desired tool in the left slot of the enchantment screen and several lapis lazuli in the right slot. As long as Silk Touch I appears as one of the three presented options, players just need to click this enchantment to complete the transaction.
If a player wants to harvest grass blocks with a tool with another enchantment, they need to turn to the anvil. Anvils cost a significant amount of Iron in Minecraft, but they can combine enchanted tools with additional enchantments. With a book enchanted with Silk Touch, players just have to add the tool to the far left space in the Anvil menu and the book with the enchantment in the middle block.
Minecraft is available now for Mobile, PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and various other platforms.
Don’t Miss: How Do Mushrooms Grow In Minecraft
Minecraft No Breaking Blocks Commands And How They Work
This is an example of the CanDestroy NBT tag, which allows people in Adventure mode to destroy any of the blocks in that list, but not any other ones:
On applying the command above, this is what appears when hovering over the item that lets you know what the item can destroy:
This is an example of the CanPlaceOn NBT tag, which allows you to place that block/item on any surface. For example, if the CanPlaceOn NBT tag included minecraft:stone, you could place the block with that NBT tag on any of the blocks in the list above. Here is the example:
This is what would appear when hovering over the item to let you know what you can place the block/item on:
Both CanDestroy and CanPlaceOn support tags. The tags made above represent a group of blocks/items and can be used in place of them. The following commands mean the same thing:
Picks By Editor:
Add Items To Make A Target Block
In the crafting menu, you should see a crafting area that is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid. To make a target block, place and in the 3×3 crafting grid.
When making a target block, it is important that the redstone dust and hay bale are placed in the exact pattern as the image below. In the first row, there should be 1 redstone dust in the second box. In the second row, there should be 1 redstone dust in the first box, 1 hay bale in the second box, and 1 redstone dust in the third box. In the third row, there should be 1 redstone dust in the second box. This is the Minecraft crafting recipe for a target block.
Now that you have filled the crafting area with the correct pattern, the target block will appear in the box to the right.
You May Like: What Are Cauldrons Used For In Minecraft
Using A Map Item As A Scroll
A YouTuber called SethBling used a map as a scroll to perform commands . The player will have an empty map in the inventory and when the player uses it, it becomes a filled map which immediately disappears and a redstone task is done.
- Compact system.
- At-will triggered system, just right-click to activate it.
- Single use: the map disappears during the inventory check, but you can give it back through /give.
- There can only be one purpose for the scroll, i.e. players cannot do a scroll of teleporting and a scroll of strength without using complicated data values.
- The player may see the map animation when activating the map before it gets deleted.
- The player cannot use the map item during your playthrough .
Building the mechanism
The player can change the display name of an item to give the player a better understanding of the object and use the tooltip display. Use the following command to give the player a custom named map:/give< player> map}
- player: the player you want to reach .
- displayName: the name displayed when you scroll in the hotbar or when you hover the item with your mouse.
- tooltip: the text below the item name when you hover it.
Detecting the activation of the map
/clear< player> filled_map
- The Command block 3 is the output in case of success. You can do whatever you want: give an effect to the player, teleport him somewhere,… You can also wire this output to a door, a piston,…
Going furtherThe /clear command can check for other interactive items:
How To Make White Concrete In Minecraft
To craft white concrete, youll first need to obtain a white dye:
You can now make your white concrete block:
Changing The Beacon’s Effect
How To Access Command Blocks
Due to the power of the command blocks, there are a few conditions that need to be met in order to use them in your server. First, you will need to enable command blocks directly in the server settings. Secondly, you will need to be OP on the server and in creative mode to be able to place the block.
Recommended Reading: What’s The Rarest Biome In Minecraft
Safe Haven/arena Fight Zone
Using pressure plates or tripwire, make areas a different difficulty . the doors could have tripwire hook to a command block that changes ones difficulty to peaceful, creating a sort of “Safe Haven”. one could also do it the other way around, creating a more dangerous zone, such as arenas having the difficulty of hard, rather than normal or easy. Note that in multiplayer this will change the difficulty everywhere in the world, and thus may not be desirable.
Crafting Items From Bricks And Brick Blocks
Don’t Miss: Hardened Clay Recipe Minecraft
Building The Beacon Tower