Collect 4x Sand/red Sand
Sand is a common block in Minecraft that is generated naturally in many biomes. You can find them mostly in the Desert and Beach biome. Some Sand veins can also be found near lakes or rivers.
Red Sand is another variation of Sand and they only spawn in the Badlands biome.
Chest in the Desert Temple also has a 59% chance to contain 1-8x Sand.
Finally, you can trade 8x Sand or 4x Red Sand with the Wandering trader for 1x Emerald.
Through What Ways Can Tnt Be Ignited
After the 1.7 update where you cannot ignite TNT with your bare hands anymore, what are the other methods of igniting it? and also important can Creepers ignite TNT?
TNT can be lit by fire.
TNT ignited by fire
Lightning striking on the ground at Medium difficulties and up causes short-lived fires which may be able to trigger an explosions. I haven’t been able to test whether lightning directly striking a TNT on Easy or Peaceful will still trigger the explosion.
Lava also causes TNT to ignite as the TNT catches fire because of the Lava. So does lightning if it strikes your TNT, it also causes the TNT to catch fire and it will eventually ignite.
TNT can also be ignited by a Redstone Pulse send out by a Redstone Torch, Button, Lever, Pressure Plate or Detector Rail. This is also the most common and safest method as it doesn’t accidentally burn any flammable materials near you.
TNT can also be lit by left clicking it while holding flint-and-steel. In creative mode you must use right-click, otherwise the block is destroyed.
Another source of TNT triggering is explosions. TNT can trigger more TNT, as well as creepers, ghasts or exploding beds in the nether.
TNT or creeper explosions will trigger TNT. I’ll bet every nickel I have that Bed, Ghast, and Blaze explosions do it also, but can’t test that easily right now.
Redstone current will trigger TNT. The easiest way to use this is to make a lever and set it off using that.
Use The Redstone Torch To Light The Tnt
- Craft a Redstone Torch with Redstone Dust + Stick.
- Now place the TNT on the ground.
- Create a Redstone Dust path from the TNT and after a few tiles, place the Redstone Torch.
- This will end up looking just like you see in cartoons and also gives you enough time to back away from the explosion radius.
Read Also: How To Make Cute Banners In Minecraft
Light Tnt Using Fire Charges
Fire charges are also a quick way of starting a fire whats better about them is that you can throw them from a distance, allowing you to safely get away from the TNT block before you ignite one.
Fire charges are created by combining charcoal, blaze powder and gunpowder. Keep in mind that youll lose your charge once you throw it, so keep an eye on your inventory.
Detonating Using A Redstone Circuit
Recommended Reading: How To Change Minecraft Gamertag
Did You Even Know
TNT can be used to get into the top of temples that are underwater.
The majority of temples have an elder guardian within the upper-middle room inside an underwater shrine.
Mining fatigue will take time.
Simply light some TNT in the water, then place sand above it to ensure that the TNT appears inside a sand block instead of an actual water block.
The blast will split blocks like normal.
You can make use of the TNT as a launcher to start TNT.
You can make a Redstone device that shoots TNT in the air right directly in front of you.
Utilize three to four TNT that are dropped into water flowing and a TNT block placed at the top of each block on the slab.
It is necessary to activate every TNT drop into the water simultaneously and then launch the TNT you want to launch.
The three TNTs will be pushed forward by the water, and the flow of water will keep them from breaking.
The Redstone repeaters have been set to maximum delay to make sure that the TNT that is launched will go into action for the duration.
Be sure to use a slab to get more energy from your explosion.
Move the lever and observe the TNT flying.
Stay away from the device when its close to firing.
The fact that it isnt able to break blocks doesnt mean that you dont suffer the risk of injury.
How Do You Enable Tnt In Minecraft
TNT is activated by Redstone.
It will turn on when it is energized by the button, lever Redstone torch, button or pressure plate as well as any additional activators.
Once you have activated the TNT youll notice it appear slightly before it will start to flash.
After about three seconds, it will go ablaze.
It is also possible to light TNT using flint and steel.
Just place the TNT on the table and then right-click it using the steel and flint to ignite it.
TNT can also be lit when there is an open flame near.
Be aware of placing it close to lava.
Do not put TNT in areas that have a fire, except if you want to ignite it.
The TNTs explosion could also cause light to be reflected off TNT in the vicinity.
If other TNT-based blocks fall located within the vicinity of the one which explodes, the other will also light up and explode.
You May Like: Minecraft Outdated Servers
How To Light Tnt In Minecraft On The Ipad
Question for Minecraft: Pocket Edition
How to light TNT in minecraft on the iPad
Add your answer
Please be as detailed as you can when making an answer. Answers that are too short or not descriptive are usually rejected.
Please do not use this box to ask a question, it will be rejected – this box is for answers ONLY. If you want to ask a question for this game, please use the ask a question box which is above on the right.
Tnt Minecraft Data Packs
- Diamond_DP6/26/22 1:27 posted 10/2/21 11:0549.2k15.3k100x 2
- 1.17 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack56Minecraft 1.17 to 1.19 Compatibility LoneRedWolf246/25/22 6:49 posted 7/23/21 12:4016k1.4k35
- 1.13 – 1.19 Loot Tables Data Pack21Minecraft 1.13 to 1.19 Compatibility FunkyToc6/24/22 12:03 posted 3/20/20 9:5712.3k1.3k8
- 1.18 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack10%Minecraft 1.18 to 1.19 Compatibility MHB6/23/22 9:24 posted 6/12/22 5:287531156
- 1.16 – 1.19 Predicates Data Pack5
- 1.16 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack83Minecraft 1.16 to 1.19 Compatibility Eastonium6/11/22 2:38 posted 12/14/20 10:1833.5k7.8k46
- 1.15 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack184Minecraft 1.15 to 1.19 Compatibility Eastonium6/7/22 9:31 posted 5/17/20 3:5880.6k23.9k91
- 1.13 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack1
- 1.17 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack45Minecraft 1.17 to 1.19 Compatibility RADI0R6/5/22 5:56 posted 2/18/22 10:323.6k2953
- 1.18 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack4
- 1.18 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack10
- 1.13 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack2
- 1.17 – 1.18 Recipes Data Pack8
- 1.18 – 1.19 Loot Tables Data Pack10
- 1.17 – 1.18 Functions Data Pack4
- 1.16 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack7
- 1.13 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack4Minecraft 1.13 to 1.19 Compatibility Aceplante4/12/22 9:20 posted 4/11/22 4:4270957
- 1.17 – 1.18 Recipes Data Pack95%
- 1.17 – 1.18 Recipes Data Pack3
- 1.17 – 1.18 Functions Data Pack2
- 1.18 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack30Minecraft 1.18 to 1.19 Compatibility Kindred4083/31/22 5:03 posted 5/14/21 10:254.9k8105
- 1.18 – 1.19 Recipes Data Pack18
- 1.17 – 1.19 Functions Data Pack5
Read Also: How To Change Your Minecraft Name On Switch
How To Use Tnt In Minecraft
- Now that you have made TNT, lets see how you can use them.
- To activate the TNT, you will need a live Redstone signal.
- Alternatively, you can also light it with flint and steel.
This brings us to the end of this article on how to make and use TNT in Minecraft. As you can see, this is a pretty simple process that you can complete really quickly.
Light Tnt Using Flaming Arrows
If youd want to get further away before you blow TNT, you can use a bow enchanted with the Flame Enchantment to trigger TNT charges. Since theyre triggered by fire, firing a flame arrow can set them off.
A primed TNT block after being shot by a flaming arrow.
If you dont have an enchantment, you can convert regular arrows into flaming arrows by shooting them through fire or lava. Alternatively, you can also set fire or pour lava near TNT blocks to set them off.
Also read: What do Dolphins eat in Minecraft?
Don’t Miss: Minecraft Path Blocks
How To Ignite Tnt In Minecraft
There are a few ways on how to ignite TNT in Minecraft. The standard ways of igniting a TNT block and triggering an explosion are Listed below.
- The most common way is to simply use a flint and steel to ignite the TNT block. Hold the flint and steel on your hand and press right-click while facing the TNT to trigger the explosion.
- You can also use a fire charge as an alternative to flint and steel. It can be used the same way as a flint and steel when triggering the TNT block.
- A way to trigger a TNT block from afar is to shoot it with a bow equipped with the Flame enchantment. The Flame enchantment will cause all the arrows shot from that specific bow to be set aflame.
- You may also trigger a TNT block using a redstone mechanism. This can be done in many ways with redstone.
- Another way to trigger it is to place the TNT block near an incoming nearby blast or explosion. The TNT block should be hit by an explosion for it to be triggered to blow up. This means that it can be triggered by another TNT explosion, a creeper explosion, an end crystal explosion, and more. As long as it is placed within the blast radius, the TNT block will likely blow.
How Do You Activate Tnt On Minecraft
TNT can be activated with Redstone. It will activate when it receives power from a lever, Redstone torch, button, pressure plate, or any other activator.
After you activate the TNT you will see it pop up slightly and begin to flash. After about a three-second countdown the TNT will explode.
You can also light TNT with flint and steel. Simply place the TNT and right-click on it with the flint and steel to light it.
TNT will also light if there is fire of any kind nearby. Be careful placing it near lava and do not place TNT anywhere with fire unless you are trying to light it.
The explosion of TNT can also light nearby TNT.
If any other TNT blocks are in the radius of one that explodes, the rest will light and subsequently explode.
You May Like: How To Make Cobblestone Stairs In Minecraft
Shoot A Flaming Arrow
- Players can get a Flaming arrowby using the Flame Enchantment on a bow.
- Once done, shoot the arrow at the TNT in Minecraft and it will blow up.
These are some of the ways to light up TNT in Minecraft. If youd like to read more helpful tips and tricks for Minecraft, be sure to check our linked guides.
How To Disable Tnt And Creeper Explosions In Minecraft
We have a video tutorial on how to disable TNT and creeper explosions in Minecraft:
Explosions can be very dangerous and can cause damages to your builds, the terrain, or player health.
Although it is possible, undoing the effects of explosions may be difficult. It is for this reason that options in game are available to control explosions in your server. You can also enable or disable specific kinds like TNT and creeper explosions. These are made possible using plugins and game rules.
NOTE: /gamerule /region
Don’t Miss: Command Block Tp
How To Set Off Tnt In Minecraft Pi
- #1Mar 29, 2013
- Member Details
import mcpi.minecraftimport timemc = mcpi.minecraft.Minecraft.create while True:hits = mc.events.pollBlockHitsfor hit in hits:block = mc.getBlockWithData block.data = & 0xf mc.setBlockmc.postToChat)time.sleep
Control Explosions Using Game Rules
Game rule is a feature available to Minecraft by default which allows you to modify gameplay without the use of mods or plugins. Below are the game rule commands to enable and disable different kinds of explosions:
You can find more information on Game Rules in this article: How to Use Game Rules in Minecraft
Also Check: How To Make An Animal Upside Down In Minecraft
How Do You Ignite Tnt
So does lightning if it strikes your TNT, it also causes the TNT to catch fire and it will eventually ignite. TNT can also be ignited by a Redstone Pulse send out by a Redstone Torch, Button, Lever, Pressure Plate or Detector Rail. This is also the most common and safest method as it doesnt accidentally burn any flammable materials near you.
How To Craft Tnt In Minecraft
Read on to find out how to craft and ignite a TNT block in Minecraft.
In Minecraft, TNT can become a powerful weapon when used correctly. Like in the real world, TNT is a highly explosive device that, when triggered with flame, will create a massive explosion that deals damage to its surroundings. Of course, it is not always fun, and games with TNT can cause player damage if you are not careful enough. But, with the right set of tools, equipment, and knowledge, you can make TNT a potent weapon that will defeat multiple mobs at once. Here is a short guide on crafting, obtaining, and triggering a TNT explosion in Minecraft.
Recommended Reading: How Do Beacons Work Minecraft
How To Get Tnt In Minecraft
The most common way to get TNT in Minecraft is to craft it yourself. TNT is made with gunpowder and sand. The easiest way to get gunpowder is to hunt down some creepers.
Creepers will drop 0-2 gunpowder when killed. When you have collected enough gunpowder, go to a crafting table and make an X of gunpowder, and fill in the spaces with sand.
This is the recipe for TNT and it will stack up to sixty-four.
TNT can be naturally generated in shipwreck chests. These generated structures at the bottom of oceans or ocean beaches can contain treasure chests. TNT is among the items you can potentially find in a shipwreck.
Different kinds of loot chests can spawn with different categories of items. If the shipwreck contained a chest full of potatoes, coal, and various enchanted leather armor, these are the chests that can spawn with TNT.
You can also find traps throughout your Minecraft world from world generation. The most common trap to run into would be the desert temple landmines. At the base of a desert temple, there are some colored terracotta blocks on the floor. Break the center-most colored terracotta to peer into the buried treasure room.
In every desert temple, there is a buried treasure room with a pressure plate in the middle. Go down carefully and disarm the TNT by breaking the pressure plate.
You can take this TNT for yourself by breaking it with anything.
How To Make A Tnt Explode As Soon As I Place It
I want to make my TnT explode as soon as I place it. how do I do this?
- 3Have you made any attempt to solve this yourself? Arqade works better when askers show effort to solve their own problems we see that you have a problem you’ve worked on, and answerers respond to that. You also get a more specific answer that’s tailored exactly to the part you’re stuck, and Arqade gets a very specific question. Everybody wins! FrankJul 26, 2016 at 13:24
- As you want it to explode as soon as you place it, would it be fine if something other than TNT was used?
Read Also: How To Put A Block On Your Head In Minecraft
How To Mine Netherite With Tnt In Minecraft
TNT can be used as an alternate mining method in Minecraft. Players can use this explosive block to mine items faster or unearth a large group of blocks at a reduced time.
Sometimes, players may run into large veins of blocks preventing them from entering another area underground. They can use TNT to blow up the surrounding blocks, clearing the path to the other side.
Although TNT mining is a quick method to gather resources, it is also the most dangerous. TNT is a very dangerous block in Minecraft if misused, players can blow themselves up and lose all of their loot.
Sometimes, TNT can even blow up some of the resource blocks, causing players to lose assets. It is common to use TNT mining when searching for Netherite as this will make it easier to see ancient debris.
In this article, players will learn how to mine Netherite by TNT mining in Minecraft.